Where Are They Now? Lauren Hirshom and Allie Morris

Lauren Hirshom (2015) by Melanie Weber

fullsizerender

For the second season in a row, former Walpole High School Field Hockey Captain Lauren Hirshom, a sophomore studying economics at Connecticut College, has started as the field hockey team’s center defensive-midfield. Playing in each game throughout the season Hirshom has tallied four defensive saves, where she prevented four shots from entering the net on the goal line. Hirshom graduated from Walpole High School in 2015, where she was a three-season-captain, captaining the field hockey, ice hockey and lacrosse teams. She was a field hockey Bay State League All-Star in 2014, as well as the team MVP and Defensive Player of the Year. In addition, she was the starting sweeper on the 2013 Division 1 State Champioship team. With a younger roster, the Connecticut College Camels’ record has been 5-10 for the past two years.

“We are a very young team, so these past couple of years have been more or less building years, but I am excited to see what the future holds for us,” said Hirshom.

Allie Morris (2015) by Kevin Quinn

unnamed

A three season captain her senior year at Walpole High, UMASS Lowell sophomore Allie Morris runs cross country in the fall season and runs distance in the winter and spring season. As a freshman at UMASS, Morris won the Outstanding Rookie of the Year award. She also placed tenth at the American East Conference Championships for cross country and she placed sixth in the 10k at the American East Conference meet. As a freshman, Morris placed tenth in a 5.2k in the America East Conference Championship for cross country  with a time of 19:00.8. Since graduating from Walpole in 2014, Morris has said there is a huge difference in running against high school competition and college competition.

“The main difference between high school and college running is the caliber of the talent in the races. Being in huge cross country races with teams like Oregon, Stanford, and Providence changes the dynamic of the races and definitely takes a lot of getting used to.”