Meet the Captains: Football

Tucker Hazell

(Photos/Kathryn Maclean)

What sport are you a captain of? I am captain of the football team. 

When did you first begin playing this sport? I started playing when I was eight years old.

Do you want to continue this sport in college? I would love to play football in college if the right opportunity at a good school presented itself.

Who was a prominent coach in your sports career? Why? Having my Dad as a baseball and football coach throughout my youth sports really helped me grow my character as a student athlete on and off the field. In eighth grade for football, my head coach Coach Tosone gave me my first opportunity to show my abilities, and my wide receiver coach right now, Coach Patterson, noticed me coming into high school as a freshman and has invested a lot of time into helping me get to the situation I am in today.

What other activities/clubs are you involved in? I play baseball and I take part in the student council.

How do you feel going into this season? We have a strong group of guys with no real weak spots who are always looking to improve week in and week out. Starting off the season getting a win in Framingham is huge for our confidence and we look to continue on that throughout the season. 

What are some goals set for the team this coming season? How do you plan to achieve them? Each player on this team‘s work ethic is incredible and everyone wants to reach their end goal of making it to the Super Bowl in Gillette Stadium this year. We just have to stick to our game plans given to us by our coaches, keep confidence in ourselves, and we cannot overlook any teams we play this year.

Who are some big opponents/rivals? Why? Natick is a very important opponent for us this year. We have not beat them in a long time and this year we think we have the team to finally do it. Natick is a great team every year so it should be a battle throughout the whole game. Also it got named Massachusetts “game of the week” so it will have plenty of people in attendance for the game and we cannot wait to play them.

TJ Farrell 

(Photos/Kathryn Maclean)

When did you first begin playing this sport? I started playing in seventh grade.

Do you want to continue this sport in college? Yes, I would like to play in college. 

Who was a prominent coach in your sports career? Why? A prominent coach would be my grandfather who taught me a lot about the sport.

What other activities/clubs are you involved in? I am also the basketball captain.

How do you feel going into this season? I feel like the team looks strong this season and we can definitely do some damage this year.

What are some goals set for the team this coming season? How do you plan to achieve them? We would like to be playing at Gillete in December.

Who are some big opponents/rivals? Why? Natick is one of our biggest rivals because it is always a huge game for us and one of the most important games of the year.

Will Domineau

(Photos/Kathryn Maclean)

When did you first begin playing this sport? I started playing in second grade.

Do you want to continue this sport in college? I am not sure if I would like to play in college yet.

Who was a prominent coach in your sports career? Why? Coach Abate was a prominent coach because he gets the best out of myself and the other linebackers every day in practice.

What other activities/clubs are you involved in? I also play baseball.

How do you feel going into this season? I feel great about this year’s season.

What are some goals set for the team this coming season? How do you plan to achieve them? The main goal is obviously to win the state championship. We know we have the capability to do it, we just have to take it game by game and work hard every day in practice.

Who are some big opponents/rivals? Why? One big opponent is Natick. Every year they have a good team and it is always an intense game that is a lot of fun to play in.